New Member from Puget Sound, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlankOwner

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have completed my Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, & Drysuit. Looking forward to more diving in Puget Sound.

I have been trying to sort through the plethora of information in these boards. Trying to filter out the good information and advice from the.....eerrrr not so good information and advice. :wink:

I have been trying to sort through the plethora of information in these boards. Trying to filter out the good information and advice from the.....eerrrr not so good information and advice. :wink:

Yeah, me too! :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Welcome to the Board. Remember most advice is good, however alot of divivg is unique to the individual. An some individuals are more unique than others. Take it all in and evaluate the information with your dive buddy and instructors.

Welcome to the diving in Puget Sound! It's a wonderful place to be a diver, with lots of dive sites and tons of marine life to enjoy.

As far as information goes, I'm with you; when I first found this site, it was almost overwhelming. What I found useful was to read through a bunch of threads and pick people whose tone seemed to be reasonable, and whose arguments made sense. Then I went through and cherry-picked threads those people started and read them. Some of those people (Uncle Pug, Diver0001) sadly aren't here much at all any more, but the threads still exist. And some people have joined in the meantime who have a lot of good things to say. All in all, I think it's pretty doable to sort the wheat from the chaff, and learn a lot from reading here.

...in fact, any thread started by to above kind Borg lady is apt to be interesting and educational. Just click her name on the left (TSandM), click "Find more posts by" and enjoy!

Oh, but I proselytize, Rick . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom