New member from Greenwood Lake N.Y.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....

Welcome from a former Yonkersite. I'm familiar with your area having stayed twice at Black Bear Campground in Florida, NY. Drove down to Greenwood Lake once in '01 looking for a place to shore fish--couldn't find any, either on the NY or NJ side. Nice country though.
Where did you get certified? Where is the closest dive shop to you?

Another Orange County boy.....on weekends.

Have you dove GL? How’s the viz? I’m on Orange lake and viz less than 3 and a mud bottom keeps me from diving it!

Yes I see that, i have been poking around and like what I see.
Where do you like to dive around here?

Flyboy I dive GWL all the time for S&R of sunken boats and dock anchors the.viz at ten ft is about 1ft it's BAD your better off just.closing your.eyes.and take a blind man's stick with ya

TMHeimer Im in class now at Middletown Scuba I want to work my way up to Master Diver and that's where I get all my gear from my father has been going there since the opened in the late 70's or early 80's. They are a great group of ppl very knowledgeable and have any awesome selection of goodies.
Finding a public spot to shore fish in GWL is hard but theirs some spots u just gotta know where to go.

Hi Frank: Welcome to Scuba Board. A wonderful place to meet divers with all sorts of interests. Spend all your surface intervals here.

Back
Top Bottom