New member from Detroit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, all!

I'm a 40-year-old woman from the metro Detroit area. I'm looking to learn more about scuba and do some research and trip planning here.

My husband and I learned how to dive a few years ago on vacation. He's been tagging along but decided on our last trip that he's just not that into it.

We just returned from Roatan this past week, and I had a great time getting to know local divers and getting some easy shallow dives in. After diving in Cozumel and Bonaire, Roatan was an easy, relatively cheap trip. We really enjoyed staying in West End, too!

I have an upcoming trip planned for Belize Aggressor IV and am wondering if I should cancel my spot. I'm comfortable going alone but wondering about Aggressor's reputation and if the cost is worth the trip.

Any which ways, cheers and happy diving!

Hello, all!

I'm a 40-year-old woman from the metro Detroit area. I'm looking to learn more about scuba and do some research and trip planning here.

My husband and I learned how to dive a few years ago on vacation. He's been tagging along but decided on our last trip that he's just not that into it.

We just returned from Roatan this past week, and I had a great time getting to know local divers and getting some easy shallow dives in. After diving in Cozumel and Bonaire, Roatan was an easy, relatively cheap trip. We really enjoyed staying in West End, too!

I have an upcoming trip planned for Belize Aggressor IV and am wondering if I should cancel my spot. I'm comfortable going alone but wondering about Aggressor's reputation and if the cost is worth the trip.

Any which ways, cheers and happy diving!
Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I dived Belize on the Belize Aggressor III in July 2023. My two friends and I waited until about two months before the charter sailed to book our spots. By that time Aggressor had started to discount the openings on the BAIII, and I paid about $2400 for my booking. The boat ended up only booking half the passenger space, and the discounts continued to get bigger as the date of sail approached.

If you're going to do a liveaboard and going alone, you may have the flexibility to wait until the last minute to book to score some discounts.

Welcome from another Detroiter. What shop did you go to Roatan with?

Back
Top Bottom