New Job = New Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, been wanting to come out and dive with you swampers, but gear issues and finances, plus a very unpredictable work schedule have prevented it so far :( .

However, just found out I will have a real job again starting at beginning of August which will almost double my current income level and give me a more predictable schedule and that means that despite having less free time total, I will be able to schedule more diving :)

Will be able to afford to replace current non functioning BC which will get my rental needs down to tanks only, making for easier last minute dive decisions, and will probably not be long before I buy a couple of tanks also, so that I can once again always be ready to go diving at the drop of a fin :D

Look for me at Windy Point one wednesday evening before fall. Plan to purchase my Pro QD before end of next month, and to try to get out to some Travis swamper event asap after :)

New job will also mean I can start budgeting for my boat :D
My Next Boat
hd.jpg

And that means I will be able to dive any local site I feel like when I want to, not when buddy with boat has a free weekend :wink:

Congrats on the new job. Looking forward to diving with you some day.

Willie

wet-willie:
Congrats on the new job. Looking forward to diving with you some day.

Willie

Thanks Willie.

It has been frustrating seeing all the posting when y'all are diving out at Travis, living literally minutes from Travis and not being able to run out and join you for a dive because of lack of either time/money/available transportation or some combination of all :(

But new job will have me plenty of all but time, and should not be any worse than any other 'real' job in that dept. Plus increased income will mean only renting tanks starting next month, have already decided on new BC and negotioted a competitive price for it with LDS, they will be getting about half my first check :D

Also will finish work on my 4runner, just a lot a little things to be finished so can get inspected again, which will allow me to use it for more than 'emergency' transportation needs again.

Then will buckle down to working, paying bills, diving and an occasional camping trip or mtb excursion.

But after diving central texas for last 30 yrs, I am ready to get out and dive with y'all so that I may become an 'official' swamper too. :)

Congratulations, NadMat! It's awesome that things will be better/easier for you to be able to continue diving and become a Swamper. I'm happy for you and hope to meet you someday soon.

Thanks Foo, I had a nice run at self employment, after many years of being required to carry pager 24/7 I needed the down time away from corporate crap. But I found out I suck as a salesdude and as a bill collector because I hate doing it. And while by hourly rates were mostly much higher than new job, I was rarely putting in 40 billable hours per week.

So, since dad saw fit to renew my diving addiction, I decided it was time to go get a real job again to pay for it. Funny thing is, when told dad had been offered the new job, his response was 'congrats, so is the next Coz' trip on you?' I told him maybe not my next trip, but maybe could cover Christmas 2007 trip for him, but that my brother would have to pony up at least part of his own expenses if wanted to come, and of that none of us could afford to pay for mom to be stuck on island with nothing to do but shop for nicknacks :wink:

Of course, for next dive with dad, will probably be some Texas or Tennesse mud hole, most likely Travis this fall or winter when they are down for holidays. By then I should be an 'official' swamper and so can make him one too. He has been diving Travis longer than I have, if not as often or as recently, and so I think he deserves to become an 'official' swamper if anyone does.

Few more long weeks before first check, will probably go in early and put a 'down payment' on equipment so it can get ordered and assembled and be ready to go as soon as first check rolls in to pay it off.

Lookin' forward to seeing you and other swampers both in and out of water here before to much longer. Although I am lucky to have at least half a dozen divers in my immediate circle of long time friends, more diving buddies means more chances to dive, and that is always a good thing.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom