New Jersey Transplant here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XJae once bubbled...
The pizza really isn't that good.
You have to go to NY to get the real pizza.
And while you're there pick up some bagels.
Compared to what they make in California, it is. And when you're in NYC, please send me a pastrami sandwhich from the Carnegie Deli. I'll pay you back.

And another thing NJ has that's really good is those Italian hot dogs and sausages in those round rolls (with the peppers, onions, and potatoes inside the sandwhich (Don't know if Jimmy Buffs is still around, but the Starlight Pizzeria in West Orange still has 'em. Rumor was they changed the oil every 3,000 dogs.)

don't shoot me for saying this...but I actually like Ca pizza better! I've had pizza in NYC, and while the slices are definitely much bigger (and you can order by the slice--a phenomenon not known to us West Coasters) I don't really get why its so much better than California. I love California diving, and I very well may move back if the east coast doesn't work out, but I needed a change of scenery.

Besides diving (through which I know I will eventually get meet lots of people here) can anybody suggest ways of getting involved and meeting people? I'm twenty two but I don't really seem to click with my age group, I tend get along better with slightly older crowds--I just need some ideas. Any suggestions??

Thanks for all your responses! :)

WileEDiver once bubbled...

Compared to what they make in California, it is. And when you're in NYC, please send me a pastrami sandwhich from the Carnegie Deli. I'll pay you back.

And another thing NJ has that's really good is those Italian hot dogs and sausages in those round rolls (with the peppers, onions, and potatoes inside the sandwhich (Don't know if Jimmy Buffs is still around, but the Starlight Pizzeria in West Orange still has 'em. Rumor was they changed the oil every 3,000 dogs.)
Next time I come out that way, I'll bring a few in my carry on.
If you ever had a cheesecake from Juniors in Brooklyn, I know they ship nationwide.

Janna once bubbled...
don't shoot me for saying this...but I actually like Ca pizza better! I've had pizza in NYC, and while the slices are definitely much bigger (and you can order by the slice--a phenomenon not known to us West Coasters) I don't really get why its so much better than California. I love California diving, and I very well may move back if the east coast doesn't work out, but I needed a change of scenery.

Besides diving (through which I know I will eventually get meet lots of people here) can anybody suggest ways of getting involved and meeting people? I'm twenty two but I don't really seem to click with my age group, I tend get along better with slightly older crowds--I just need some ideas. Any suggestions??

Thanks for all your responses! :)

if you're looking forward to cold water wreck diving you'll be more than happy with your change of scenery.
which dive shop are you at?

I am actually looking orward to cold water wreck diving. How good is the viz in Atlantic Waters?

I'd rather not say what dive shop I'm in---no offence, but you never know who's reading these!

Janna once bubbled...
don't shoot me for saying this...but I actually like Ca pizza better!
:susp: Are you some kind of a communist?

Hiya Janna! Welcome to lovely NJ! :wave: Now that you are here, you can learn the secret handshake. :D

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Are you some kind of a communist?
Sue,

"Are you now or have you ever eaten..."

No need to call a meeting of the House Un-American Pizza Committee. Blame Californians' uneducated palattes on the post-Prop 13 education system here. But we all know that Arnold will fix that real soon. But what can you expect when California Pizza Kitchen restaurant menus feature "Peking Duck" pizza [Roasted duck breast, Mozzarella cheese, soy-glazed Shiitake mushrooms, crispy wontons, slivered green onions and a ginger Hoisin sauce]?

Now that's Italian?

Welcome Janna!
I too am a NJ Transplant out west. I was always told NJ is a great place to be from...Just kidding ,no offense to you NJ folks!I was born and lived in Westfied, and moved away when I was six so I dont remember a whole lot?
Good luck with the new job and enjoy the east coast!:)

Back
Top Bottom