New itinerary for my PI trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, there is one bad thing about travelling to the Philippines - there is just too much to see and do!! Too many places to dive.....I just want to do it all!

I originally was planning to dive PG, visit Boracay (possibly dive there) and then head up north to Banue/Sagada. For various reasons, I have decided to catch a flight to Cebu instead and do some island hopping!! For one, I will be travelling alone and basing myself on one island and taking short trips from there is a bit more comforting (rather then flying all over and taking long bus rides up to the rice terraces). I have 18 days total.

So, my new itinerary:

-March 5th - Arrive in Cebu. May just find a bed and do a little sightseeing for a day - it's a long flight from Canada!!
-Head to Moalboal. Spend a few days diving/relaxing here. Thinking of doing a 2 day hiking trip on Negros (Twin Lakes National Park). Anybody done this? Know anything about it??
- Apo Island/Dumaguete for a few days.
-Dumaguete - Tagbilaran and to Alona Beach. A few days diving here, and hopefully some non-diving stuff on Bohol. Choclate Hills, river cruise, etc. Does anyone know if I can book a day trip for these from Alona Beach??
-Back to Cebu. From here (time depending) either head to Malaspacua or back to Manila and spend some time around there (Anilao perhaps?)

So, I'm open to any suggestions on itinerary, places to stay, dive shops recommended, things to do other then diving, etc, etc. I'm a beginner diver, so some nice easy dives to start would be nice.......I want to get a good amount of diving in, but am just as interested as seeing the cultural stuff, doing other activities....can anyone recommend good markets, places to shop for local handicrafts??

Thanks in advance for all the tips (again!). I promise I won't change my itinerary any more......hehehe ; )

Diver Dennis and I will be Dumaguete Mar 5 to 12, PG Mar 12 to 19, have a great trip too.

ANILAO and spend some diving with those of us who haven't gotten tired of the REEF ...

hehehhehehe

or just join one of the meets in manila and have some dinner and few drinks with the PPDs

raina79:
-Dumaguete - Tagbilaran and to Alona Beach. A few days diving here, and hopefully some non-diving stuff on Bohol. Choclate Hills, river cruise, etc. Does anyone know if I can book a day trip for these from Alona Beach??

Yes, you can book a river cruise/chocolate hills tour day trip from Alona Beach. Ask your local dive operator.

If your flight gets to Cebu in the morning, then I would suggest that you just go straight to Moalboal, since its only about 3 hours from the airport. However, if you have to stay overnight, there's a lot of hotels to choose from, depends on your budget. Enjoy your stay in the Philippines.
Oh yeah, go to Anilao too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom