New Intova Slave Strobe ISTR. Any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tried the new Intova Slave Strobe ? Sold for surprisingly cheap. Around $110 with base plate + arm. (optic fiber separate) Could be a cheap option to pair with entry level P&S.

:: INTOVA ::

Specifications

* Guide No. 60/20
* Coverage Angle : 60 degree
* Color Temperature: 5700 K
* Batteries (not included): 4AA Alkaline Battery ; Cycle Time: Approx 7~8 seconds
* Rated Depth: 54M (180 Feet)
* No. of Pre-Flash Settings : 4
* No. of Power Output Level Settings: 4 ( 10% > 25% > 50% > 100% )

Where did you find it for 110, sound like a pretty good deal. I may just get on. I like their camera it does the job I brought it for, their case is top notch, double o-rings.

Is this strobe able to mimic (or ignore) the preflash for P&S cameras? Hmmm, I may have to get one of those. My Canon 570IS does not fire a preflash in manual flash mode so it should slave from the Inon on optical sync cord?

N

Where did you find it for 110, sound like a pretty good deal. I may just get on. I like their camera it does the job I brought it for, their case is top notch, double o-rings.

Wow, I JUST started to get worried about my camera leaking, and then you posted this about it being double o-ringed. Googled it - confirmed. Sexy :) Now, less worried. I won't be going anywhere NEAR it's rated 180' (100' at the most). Very good to know.

After my trip, I will come back and review the Intova ISTR with my Intova IC600. Of course I encountered Scuba Influenza today, and purchased $200 more of scuba gear :)

Wow, I JUST started to get worried about my camera leaking, and then you posted this about it being double o-ringed. Googled it - confirmed. Sexy :) Now, less worried. I won't be going anywhere NEAR it's rated 180' (100' at the most). Very good to know.

After my trip, I will come back and review the Intova ISTR with my Intova IC600. Of course I encountered Scuba Influenza today, and purchased $200 more of scuba gear :)

Just make sure you clean and re-silicon the o-rings every 20 dive. I have had my ic600 to 90ft, no issues. :wink:

The o-rings are not actually circles, but the rubber part around the edge of the camera?

Yes, they are not circles, but rectangular the outer one is black and the inner one is clear. You can change them out, intova has a o-ring set, they recommend you swap them out every 50 dives i believe.

Be a bit careful of fadfusion.com. Reseller ratings not so hot and very difficult to deal with if anything goes wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom