New interesting choice for Nikon PnS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Check this out: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0509/05090104nikon_coolpixp1p2.asp

What make this camera interesting is the wifi function. I have no idea how long the battery will last but if the battery last a long time, this could potentially be an interesting camera. Imagine not having to open your housing all day long. Just transfer all your pictures via wifi between dives. Similar option is already available on dSLR bodies but the add-on bit for wifi won't fit in uw housing whereas it is built in, in this new Nikon PnS.

dSLR already took care of battery life, I hope this PnS won't run in to problem with short battery life when using wifi.

a neat gadget, but my 1 gig card in my cp7900 will hold 285 pix at 7 mp. almost like not having to open the housing. i'm real satisfied with it. a two or three gig card will hold more than enough pix.

Yes, if you have a big enough memory card, that would solve the problem also (but it is so much more fun with neat gadget :) ).
Depending on the camera, C5050 shooting in RAW, 1 gb card would hold about 200 pictures.
Currently I use a 4 GB card which hold about 200 uncompressed RAW file from Nikon D2X. Certainly good for about 1-2 dives but not enough for a whole day worth of diving.
However, I just noticed that the Nikon Coolpix P1 and P2 battery is only good for about 180 shots so I guess the battery life is not really long enough anyway to go all day without changing batteries :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom