New Icon HD Net Ready wont turn on....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is interesting that I received no reply from anyone from Mares here - only yours. No means to contact them, no response whatsoever. For a brand that claims to spend quality time dedicating care to users on this board, I certainly do not qualify as "worthy" of a resolution.

I will ask again: HOW DO I SEND MY ICON HD NET READY IN FOR A WARRANTY REPAIR? WHERE DO I SEND IT TO???? I HAVE RESIDENCE IN CALIFORNIA (SAN FRANCISCO) AND I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE WITH A BRAND NEW ICON HD NET READY THAT HAS LESS THAN 30 DIVES AND SIMPLY WILL NOT CHARGE AND WILL NOT TURN ON.

Is anyone from Mares listening? Do you care????????????

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine when people post things looking for help on chat boards or other sites that have absolutely no official affiliation with the company itself. Mares, or whoever, should probably check Scubaboard, but they are certainly not obligated to do so.

I just read there warranty service and I think it's pretty stupid that there's no contact information and they just tell you to go through the "authorized reseller". I'm not sure, but I would doubt Amazon is an authorized reseller, however I would try contacting them. If that doesn't work I'd contact the closest possible reseller even if you didn't buy it from them. That's why I research this stuff before buying a product...

Anyways. Your situation sucks, but electronics fail. I just bought an Xbox in November and it's bricked 3 months later and will need to be sent in and that's made by a company worth 10000x what Mares is. Best of luck.

Mares tech support is at http://www.computermares.com/ . You can open a ticket there. I have found them very responsive.
Or you can take it to an authorized dealer. You can find dealers at Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares .
Sadly, Mares has multiple Web presences, and the tech support and the U.S. dealer locator can be hard to find. But they do the job once you find them.
You're welcome. :clearmask:

I know that this thread is old but I had the same problem yesterday, and solved it.
It is confusing, when you see the small red light on the bottom right corner it does not mean that the computer is charging, that is not the charging light! But is when only 2 of the four pins are connected, and this leads you to think that you hook it up correctly, you have the light on and that it is not charging, when in fact it is not fully connected. I wear my glasses double, triple checked that the 4 pins were alligned with the 4 contacts on the Icon, no light will go on, when everything is connected securely press the philips head screw on the bottom of the interface clip to seat the pins as mentioned above.Then give the unit 20-25 minutes to charge and at that time the Icon HD should turn on showing a charging indicator by pressing any one of the buttons.

It is not until the wrist unit reaches a 25% charge that you will have full access to the menu on the Icon HD.

Thank you for the last post. I bought a unit online and had the same trouble. No power, only the faint red light. I have repositioned and repositioned the contacts and that's the best I seem to be able to do. I bought a second unit at a retailer and the same thing happened. I tried the phillips head trick and that didn't work. Both are going back. It's a shame. It seems like a great unit, but this is such a serious design flaw that I won't risk it failing while I'm diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom