New HW computer: frog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemna

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found this interesting announcement while looking for computers with an OLED screen: HW frog

There is not much information on the website yet, but it will connect through bluetooth and:
- three Nitrox gas slots (each adjustable from air to 100% oxygen)
- superb PC connection via Divinglog, Frog Companion and MacDive
- runs on two AA primary cells (1.5 V or 3.6V)
- battery lasts for more than 60 hours of diving with 3.6V AA cells
- 2,4" (6.1cm) full color display
- buzzer included for alarms
- display window made of scratch-resistant borosilicate glass
- encapsulated electronics
- 73 x 54 x 27 mm3 (BxHxT)
- weight 150g
- maximum diving depth 80m

Unfortunately I missed them at boot duesseldorf - has anybody actually seen or even used it? It seems an alternative to the Liquivision Lynx, but should be available sooner (next month).

To my knowledge, the Frog has an LCD display, not OLED like it's bigger cousins.

That is a shame! The screen type is not mentioned on the website and I assumed it was OLED from the form factor (similar to the OSTC)... Have you seen it though? Any comment on screen brightness?

I haven't, unfortunately, and i thought it was OLED too, until someone mentioned it being LCD on the HW forum.

Is there an issue with it being LCD over OLED? The battery appears to last for a fair amount of time I'm hearing.

D

Is there an issue with it being LCD over OLED? The battery appears to last for a fair amount of time I'm hearing.

Display quality- I was really impressed by how bright and easy to read Liquivision and Atomic dive computers are. However, I prefer a wrist model and don't need the trimix capabilities of a Xeo.

Here's a picture of it

heinrichsweikamp_frog_3.jpg

Anyone know the RRP? I've been lusting after it's big brother the OSTC MKII for a while but can't justify the expense yet.

Their other models run a linux based firmware that's open source I believe. I wonder how long till someone hacks it to provide Trimix capability as well.

Anyone know the RRP?

"RRP", what's that ? Price ? 599€ in UE + shipping

Their other models run a linux based firmware that's open source I believe.

No, OSTC and DR5 run custom open-source and free firmware, but they are not Linux* powered

I wonder how long till someone hacks it to provide Trimix capability as well.

Du to the low cost-difference with the OSTC, I'm not sure many people would developp trimix compatible firmwares.

* which is open source and free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom