New Housing and Mods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anything that knocks down the reflection should work. It was only a problem when it was bright on the surface and I pointed the housing down at around a 45' angle.

Billy,
VERY nicely done! Would you mind posting a link where you got the LCD Monitor from? I made my own housing for an HDR-HC3 out of 4" PVC with ikelite Controls and would love to put a monitor like that on the back.

Thank you,
Brian

Anything that knocks down the reflection should work. It was only a problem when it was bright on the surface and I pointed the housing down at around a 45' angle.

So was it not an issue at depth?

Billy,
VERY nicely done! Would you mind posting a link where you got the LCD Monitor from? I made my own housing for an HDR-HC3 out of 4" PVC with ikelite Controls and would love to put a monitor like that on the back.

Thank you,
Brian

Hey Brian thanks brutha, I bought the LCD monitor OEM from the manufacturer. AcceleVision Home I'm not sure if the public can buy directly from them or not but it wasn't difficult setting up an account. With 4" PCV I'm guessing that the biggest monitor you'll get into it is a 3" and that might be pushing it. That is if all PVC housings are designed in the same fashion which I'n not sure if they are. The only housing I've ever worked with is mine (8" PVC) and it's really the only one I know about.

Billy

So was it not an issue at depth?

Billy
Yes it was, I meant it was the sunlight streaming down from the surface that caused the problem when I tilted the back at the wrong angle.

Billy,

Thanks for the link. I think I am going to go with a 2.5" Equniox kit from BH Photo. It comes with the monitor, charger, and nicad battery pack for $219. Equinox | 25CM 2.5" LCD Monitor | 25CMRCAF | B&H Photo Video
Again...great work on the monitor.

Brian

Does that include the port or is it just the electronics? I'm not a big fan of that monitor because there is such a large plastic frame around it. In that same space you could easily fit a 3" frameless LCD monitor. You can get the battery packs and chargers they use at radio shack but might have to do a little soldering though. Why not have a larger image to focus with? For some people a 2.5" monitor is fine because they shoot every with autofocus, in my case it's totally necessary to have at least a 5" monitor because everything I'll be doing with my camera is manual focus. Good luck!

Billy

Wow, thats far too precision for me.....:D

Seriously though, very nice. Thats what determination, a machine shop, and some talent can help you do.

Thanks, now I just need to find some talent and I'll be set! Luckily the precision is left up to the machine, if you saw the angles of the holes I drilled for the screws you'd tell me to not quit my day job. :D

Billy

Billy, Are you going to test drive the housing soon, before Hawaii?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom