New Housing and Camera Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PoloGreen94

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am currently debating the purchase of a new camera and housing setup. I currently have an old Canon HV20 with Ikelite housing.

To be honest, I am simply not happy with this setup and I never have been too pleased with it. The Ikelite wide angle has some vignetting as well as a ghosting effect when connected. The viewfinder on the housing is tiny to look through and I don't care for the side mirror to view the LCD screen as an alternative.

I don't feel Ikelite caters to a professional sort of mentality, more of a point and shoot style. I'm not saying I am a professional but I want to get images better than what I've gotten on the HV20 and Ikelite.

My first question is, am I being too picky and harsh? I feel there are much better housings and cameras today which are far more convenient, easy to use, and produce better images.

I'm looking at the Sony AX100 with Gates Housing coupled with the Gates Ports. Looks like more thought went into the design of the Gates housing and can produce better images.

Please offer me your thoughts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom