New hosting site test post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by caymaniac
You mentioned that one of the problems youve had is the shutter lag. Do you have problems with upward shots where you have a subject plus the sun behind or off to the side in a picture, I've heard that the lattitude of film allows for this situation, but digital is less forgiving and pics with the sun and an underwater subject do not turn out very good. :confused:

Thanks,
Caymaniac

I only tried the into the sun silhouettes a couple times with decent results. I used the aperture priority mode and let the camera take care of the settings and with no internal flash or strobe.

My next trip I'll be working on that just a bit more.

Originally posted by Texass
Now I see it. WOW!!!

Soooo, you found a site that'll post individual pics - who is it?

Thanx

LarryL, one of the divers I met on the rodales board, got as frustrated as the rest of us so he took a poll to see what we wanted and went out and did it! The site is still in it's beta testing stage and we're finding a few things to change but it's been great so far. I don't think he's even got a name for the site yet.

You can email him at this address and tell him you're interested. It's my understanding it will cost $5 a month for the site....very fair pricing for what you get. Plus, he's a fellow diver who won't take advantage of us...there's too many of us who know where he lives! :eek:

Tell him I sent ya.

Wonderful shot Dee! You are very modest and unassuming about your photography, but it's clear that you have a great eye for a shot and excellent technical skills.

Grateful for the news about the new host. I'm still investigating possible library options with my ISP.

Mike

Great picture Dee! I am pea-green with envy over your set-up. I'm trying to talk my husband into a set-up like yours before we leave for Fiji in 4 weeks! Wish me luck.. :)

Did I understand you correctly, that it was without flash?

Back
Top Bottom