new Hero4 Silver, thank you REI Garage Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
ok, so have to brag. Went into REI's garage sale yesterday and had to go back today for the better half to grab a backpack that wasn't on the garage sale item list. Day after is 50% off the garage sale price and behind the counter at checkout I saw a Hero4 Silver with a green tag indicating it was new for $240. Said it was missing a battery so I negotiated $20 off the $120 price to offset the new battery. Still have to get a few extra batteries and the dive housing, but coming out of there for about $130 after tax felt pretty darn good. Need to check out some mounting options for sidemount caves, but we'll see what I end up doing, but I've wanted one for a long time and couldn't resist at this price.

You don't need the dive housing, the standard housing is fine for recreational depths. Unless you meant it came without any housing at all. Those are pretty cheap. Awesome deal.

rated for 40m, my last cave dive was to 42m :) 40m-45m are pretty regular for me, 60m not so much and the extra latch security is nice. Trying to figure out how I'm going to mount it, definitely not going the tray route need a more passive option, but we'll see if head mounting or whatever works. I have a Z-gear mount but haven't quite figured out a way to make that one work the way I want it yet.

rated for 40m, my last cave dive was to 42m :) 40m-45m are pretty regular for me, 60m not so much and the extra latch security is nice. Trying to figure out how I'm going to mount it, definitely not going the tray route need a more passive option, but we'll see if head mounting or whatever works. I have a Z-gear mount but haven't quite figured out a way to make that one work the way I want it yet.

Do you think you would want to try out a B3 with a wider plate and can fit a two inch webbing . This way you can feed your 2 inch webbing through the plate, instead of cinching it down with our velcro strap when using your side mounts for cave diving ( this is strictly a prototype and I am looking for feed back). Tell us your thoughts and if you think it sounds good to you so I can send you this item.

Here is a video of the standard B3 mount and the comparison picture of the standard B3 plate with 1 1/2 slots and the larger plate with 2 inch slots.

[video=youtube;3Si_HS-foms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Si_HS-foms[/video]

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

Frank, glad to see you listened to some of our feedback from the initial testing. Would be glad to test it if you need some feedback. Obviously just the plate since I have the rest of the system

Frank, glad to see you listened to some of our feedback from the initial testing. Would be glad to test it if you need some feedback. Obviously just the plate since I have the rest of the system

Will ship one out to you tomorrow.

Z Gear, what(how) is the 'arm mount' attached to belt loop with??.......

Z Gear, what(how) is the 'arm mount' attached to belt loop with??.......

If you are referring to the B3 mount which was on the video above, it attaches around your padded BCD shoulder strap, via our adjustable velcro strap. The other way you can use this mount is removing the our strap and feed your belt or other strap (1 1/2 or smaller) through the slots and you can secure it this way as well.

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

Back
Top Bottom