New Here, arriving Florida Thursday the 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guacamole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Son and I were told this is a great place to introduce ourselves.

Possibly arrange some dives. I'm 52 and my son is 16. We are non smokers, good health, etc. I've got experience on the water sailing and working on boats then moving to the mountains and desert southwest to be close to aging parents that passed not long ago.

We are arriving in Florida on Thursday and want to spend much of our vacation diving. I've been certified since 1979 and my son since 2007. He was certified in Key West and made about 8 reef dives. We had such a good time that summer that we want to come back. We are from New Mexico and just booked our flight last week.

We are up for sharing expenses, gas or food, lodging etc. Thinking about some camping on The Dry Tortugas. Hope to make arragements shortlly. We arrive Orlando on Thursday afternoon and will be staying near Melbourne Thursday night. Traveling south very early Friday headed to the Keys. Possibly some dives along the way? Up for most anything within our ability. We rent all but masks, fins, snorkeling gear.

I've done, drift dives, beach break dives, fairly deep dives, The Great Lakes, Hawaii, Florida, California and altitude dives in cold water and in springs. My son, just basic dives in Florida mostly on the reef off Key West, basic drift, compass, and lots of snorkeling.

So again, we're in Florida from the 19th through the morning of the 28th of this month.

Interested in most areas of the sport,

Thanks for anyone out there that may need crew or more divers,

Ray

Cell 505-670-6590

I am 45 and have been diving for 2 years my favorite dive buddy is my 16 yo son. We love the keys and have alwasy had a great time there. I can highly recommend 2 dives shops. Key Dives in Islamorada. Great shallow reef, deep reef and drift dives. As well as a a great opportunity to dive the wreck of the Eagle. They always provide a guide (which I like because I dive with my kids.) Smaller operation but great service!

We also had great service from Rainbow Reef in Key Largo.

Have a fantastic time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom