New Hampshire Archeological Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgtdeal

Registered
Reaction score
Hey fellow divers!

I am putting together a list of underwater archeological sites for a proposal I am writing for the NH Division of historical resources.

This is in preparation (hopefully) for a survey of submerged archeological resources.

If you have a minute can you email me or post any information you may possess on both VERIFIED (you know it exists) and UNVERIFIED (there's a possibility that archeological reminents exist) sites.

This could be shipwrecks, manufacturing and trade sites, settlements, harbors, landings, etc.

This information will be used to justify the need to organize and train a group of volunteer divers to photograph, map, and otherwise document possible submerged historical resources.

It will NOT be used to restrict diver access to historical sites.

It is my contention that in NH, we are missing an important piece of the State's historical and archeological puzzle by failing to account for the rich maritime and inland waterway history.

Cheers!

-Tim
sgtdeal@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom