New guy in town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
This is a great board! Im probably the oldest diver in here [62] and love to dive as well as read and talk to other divers. This is the place I've been looking for! :doctor:

aquagal once bubbled...
Welcome the the board Lawman. I hope to still be diving when I'm your age too!

Here's to more years of diving!

:cheers: :cheers:

Aquagal

RESPECTO SIR !!!

I hope i would be able to be diving too when i reach your age....

Cheers!!!:)

Lawman once bubbled...
This is a great board! Im probably the oldest diver in here [62] and love to dive as well as read and talk to other divers. This is the place I've been looking for! :doctor:

Welcome from another Michigander! I think you will find this a great site. Glad to have you on board.

Welcome Lawman from your neighbor Wisconsin.

Have you ever handled a dive case in the courts?

Welcome to the board Lawman, where abouts arya from in Mich?
My son is a lawman in our town.

Caymaniac:)

Well thank you Cay for the welcome. I'm a Lawyer type Lawman. I'm in Clare Michigan....right in the middle of the state. You can always tell someone from Michigan because they are holding their left hand up with the thumb sticking out and pointing with the other hand. I'm middle knuckle. I dive Lake Superior and Lake Huron wrecks. Gets a little nippy but in August the temp goes up to 70 on the surface. Going to Coz in January and can't wait.:doctor:

Paco re: :) dive court cases- I've been a trial lawyer for 32 years
doing mostly defense for insurance companies. I've never seen or heard of a diving lawsuit in Michigan. I've searched the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court cases and can't find one reported in there either. Dive magazines make them sound common, but they really arn't. They would be hard for a plaintiff to win because
1] the standards of care are pretty flexible and 2] there would always be considerable comparative negligence on the part of the plaintiff. Also, unless it was a death case it wouldn't make economic sense to file such a case. Bottom line: not many diving cases.

Back
Top Bottom