New guy in N.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TreyR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all I'm new to diving and joined here to meet new people and hopefuly learn from the veterans. I don't have many dive buddies, so if your near Charlotte, N.C. drop me a line.

Hello Trey!

Are you a PDRA member? If not I suggest join PDRA and Foothill Divers and join us for our pumpkin carving at LKN Quarry.

Hello Trey!

Are you a PDRA member? If not I suggest join PDRA and Foothill Divers and join us for our pumpkin carving at LKN Quarry.

I am a member of the PDRA. When is the pumpkin carving and what exactly is it? Thanks.

Welcome aboard. Lots of interesting things going on here

Keep safe and Keep blowing bubbles
ScubaDiving.gif

Foothill Divers (one of the PDRA clubs) is organizing it:

Welcome to Facebook

Foothill Divers will be hosting an Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest at Lake Norman Quarry on Saturday, Oct 30, 2010.

We did this last year and it was quite entertaining :)

Divers will be asked to be at the quarry by 10:30 and register. We will begin the dives at 11:00. Each diver will take a hollowed out pumpkin, that they bring with them, into the water. Divers will only be able to use their dive knives to carve the pumpkins. ...The pumpkins can not be pre-traced before entering the water.

Pumpkins will be judged on creativity and difficulty of the carving. Please keep your pumpkins to about the size of a basketball. Judges will not know what diver belongs to which pumpkin. This will make it fair so a "person" is not being judged, only the pumpkin. We will number the pumpkins to match the diver to his/her pumpkin.

Judging will begin at 12:30. This should give all of the divers ample time to create their masterpiece :)

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. If we are able to get more prizes we will increase the number of winners.

Foothill Divers will also be hosting a cookout that will begin at noon. We are debating on having a huge shrimp and crab boil instead of the traditional cookout. Details on this will follow.

All Foothill Divers are free for the event. Non-members will be able to participate for a fee of $15 per person. This will include the cost of lunch.

Please RSVP! We will need to have to know how many divers we will have and how many will be participating in the luncheon.

There will also be a pumpkin painting contest for the kids... so parents, no worries.. While you are diving we will have the kids creating their own masterpiece with washable paints. So have them wear old clothes that you don't mind getting painted, and bring them a pumpkin too!

Dive Safe and Dive Often!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom