New guy, again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Scott and I first dove while I was stationed in Turkey. Over there, in the nineties, you take a class for a couple hours, and you were "ready to dive." I don't really consider that experience, other than it showed me how much I loved it. When I rotated back to the states, I began the process of getting certified, but the birth of my daughter, getting out of the military and a subsequent divorce, well, you can say "life happened." Now in my mid-30's, I toyed around with the notion of getting certified, and possibly going balls out and pursuing a life as an instructor. After talking with several divers, both rec. and prof. I have decided to put this on hold until I get some real experience under my belt. Once my girlfriend finishes school, I have decided for the time being to transfer in my company from West Virginia down to Florida where I intend on heading to Sea Experience and taking their Total Immersion Program, which goes up to Dive Master, getting her certified, so the two of us and my brother, who already lives in FL, can all dive together. That's my story in a nut shell. Anyone have any dealings with SeaXP? And any insider insight into my current plans is welcome, as well.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Why not move to Utila and get your Instructor card for the same money?

Back
Top Bottom