New gopro tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Just built it this morning cause i didnt like the head strap or wrist strap so i built this. I would like to give it some color. Any idea if u can dye PVC primer? Or anyother suggestions.

Attachments

• 20130218_110717.jpg
    20130218_110717.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,899
Nice....

PVC turns purple when you put PVC primer on it so you try a scrap piece with some other color.

Why dye it and not just paint it? Nice tray by the way. What is up with the square at the back...arm hole? OBTW, LowDrag..thanks for you service; 20 years USMC here.

You can use clear or gray one-part (primerless) glue for non-pressurized joints.
If you look through the spray-paints at home depot, there are a few that are supposed to paint plastics. It sticks OK to LDPE and HDPE. Can't remember trying it on PVC though.

I have used Krylon Fusion spray paint for years on PVC supports in salt water aquariums. Made for plastic.

I might drill some drain/vent holes in the PVC to facilitate flow and I would definitely additionally ziptie or duct tape the GoPro mount to the tray. That sticky tape can come off under water.

I have used Krylon Fusion spray paint for years on PVC supports in salt water aquariums. Made for plastic.

I might drill some drain/vent holes in the PVC to facilitate flow and I would definitely additionally ziptie or duct tape the GoPro mount to the tray. That sticky tape can come off under water.

I use paint on my "Intova Tray" bur have to do touch ups every few months due to being in the caves. I f you are mounting a battery cannister to the tray then do not drill holes into the tray you will need the lift to off set the weight.

True I suppose. I don't often think of GoPro's and can lights together.

Here's a tray/arm I built some time ago showing pvc light mounts. The elbows, tees and lights are held together by bungee which allowed them to swivel for focusing:

Picture2001-15.jpg

Picture2002-5.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone. And as for drilling holes, as of now the enitre thing will flood, i know the buoyancy will be negative, but rather have that than floating up in my face when cliped to my d-ring when not in use. Also i was told paint will peal with salt water although ill look into what you guys said. And i have the base of the gopro bolted through the center platform. But for the color, just want a clean finish that will last.

Oh and the square in the back is for my arm, just added stability. Also the two arms at the top of the handles are threaded so i can screw on a t-joint and strap my lights to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom