New GoPro housing????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theres a pic of the Official Gopro Fix doesnt look the best IMHO latest I heard first quarter 2012.
hero2_new_housing_dema.jpg

I still Prefer this, Looks great, works great underwater and available now. The gopro fix wont perform any better underwater.
obj219geo164pg3p12.png

The Official GoPro Fix doesn't look as cool as the SRP BlurFix. After reading about so many different lenses for the GoPro HD, I bought one from Pursuit and wasn't happy with it. So last week I ordered the SRP BlurFix with UR Pro color correction filter, got it the mail yesterday. I tell you what, this setup looks high quality, I haven't used it yet but I like what I see. Now I had to order a Wide Lens Replacement Kit from GoPro because when changing to the Pursuit lens I dropped the OEM lens and it got all scratched, should be in here tomorrow. I'll post updates.​

It's hard for me not to sound bias since I'm a distributor of the BlurFix. But I can say as a fellow diver, that the GoPro - BlurFix combination is my personal choice as well. Hands down the BlurFix Lens offers the highest quality with the ability to add different color correction filters. I believe the GoPro and BlurFix setup is perfect for the recreational diver wanting to take great video without spending the kid's college fund. I've went from carrying 3 huge cases of camera equipment and paying extra baggage fees, to putting everything I need for my GoPro into my backpack. Add a simple lighting solution and you have everything you need. Yes I've found a simple and affordable lighting setup. LOL

Last edited:
not trying to hijack the GoPro housing thread so yea BlurFix all the way......but what is this simple and affordable lighting setup AquaProHd???

Hey Mud&Rox - I can't provide a complete answer right yet. We've been testing lighting solutions and have found some great configurations ranging from under $200.00 up to $800.00 for a twin light rig. We're in the middle of doing our video reviews that will be available in January, so I can't give it all away just yet. Sorry... I can say we jumped in with both feet since we found the GoPro to be a simple,viable and affordable solution for the recreational diver. I'm very excite with some new products that are going to be available in 2012 that will make shooting the GoPro even easier.

How does the BlurFix compare to the curved OEM lens above water?

Have you looked at the eye of mine housing? Check out the promo video they have. GoPro Hero2 Authorized Dealer - EyeOfMine Action Cameras The housing was attacked by a shark and it still works like a charm.

Lol thats the video that made me buy a gopro for when I went on a dive trip to fishrock along with an EOM housing. Here is what I shot with that setup a few sharks and the EOM housing.

[video=youtube;T3jZFzpG3ts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3jZFzpG3ts[/video]

And here is the Biggest one we saw that trip

[video=youtube;PZXrBkS4dfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXrBkS4dfk[/video]

These were my first Gopro videos and everyone was impressed with the quality from the little Gopro especially me, that EOM housing served me pretty well, since I got the Blurfix though Ive just been using that setup and works even better with the new HD2 cams.

It does everything the EOM does but with the much easier to maintain glass filter vs the plastic glued on fix which is very hard to clean the inside of the lens, then theres the extra colours you get from filters which are very easy to use with the blurfix. I just don't have a reason to go back to the EOM anymore even though I think its currently the second best solution.

The blurfix can be used on land and Ive made a few videos using a CP filter which can produce some pretty good results. Overall I think it compliments the gopro very well and I cant see the official housing performing any better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom