New girl in Tampa, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SalinFL

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Time to say hello to everyone... just moved back to Tampa after a very long absence. Looking forward to getting back into the water once it gets a bit warmer. Looking for advice on where to dive in the state. In the meantime, I've been bitten by the metal detecting bug (in and out of the water) thanks to a friend of mine. It gets me on the beach and in the surf even if it's too cold to dive.

welcome aboard

Its never too cold to dive here. We spearfish every month. And there are less sharks and better visability in the cold months. I haven't seen the water belwo 55 degrees so far. A 5mm or 7mm suit with hood works great.

And the springs are usually 72 degrees all year round. And the manatee flock to Crystal River in the winter, a must dive (snorkeling works just as well).

Enjoy.

The springs are not bad at all this time of year, as mentioned above they average 72. Out of fort desoto this past sat I dint use a wet suit, granted if I had brought it I would of used it.

Welcome to Scubaboard! Join our girls dive club if you like. Just send me a pm with your real name and we'll get you started diving fast with all the florida girls. The club is global though so we will be planning trips abroad and around the country as well. Also, girls nights out and social events and non-members are always welcome to join us.

Welcome back, diving can be done here year round! Thermal protection is the only variable.
bert

Welcome to the board. If you are interested in a trip to Little Cayman in June with divers from the Tampa Bay area, PM me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom