Closed New G250V It's over...

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, what would you recommend (and how would you price) a nice (but not pristine) simplest and easiest (with respect to useability, maintenance kits, and repair effort) SP primary and secondary set for day-to-day knockabout use?

No need for environmental sealing. Streams and rivers. If it fails I'll either go to my second or just stand up. :wink:

There is a deal! But I'm good with 250's and 17's

However, I'm looking for something more like an MK10 or earlier. If you had to choose one old-school retro primary and a secondary that pairs perfectly, what would that pair be?

Edit:
Maybe this should be a new thread?

@lowviz - for the depths you are talking, I'd go with a MK-2 and a 109/156 (maybe a 108HP). Simple & robust...

FWIW - the MK-2 is on my pony for ice with a 156. For the MK-2, you can get old ones for free..... btdt.

108Hp has only a hockey puck seat (which you can flip). It is unbalanced however, and paired with the MK-2, both are unbalanced.

A MK-5 or MK-10 adds a balanced first. VDH has kits for both as they are discontinued.

Same brand or mix and match?
I'd prefer to stick with SP as I'm so heavily invested already...

MK-2 with a 109 sounds like something I'm looking for. I mean, after all, if one services his/her own SP regs shouldn't this combo be a mandatory rite of passage?

Yeah, thanks, you helped put it to words. That is what I'm looking for...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom