New from SoDak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackson07

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

While in the Marine Corps I always wanted to dive. My work schedule was hectic and I was busy finishing my college degree. Now I work as a manufacturing manager, and a part time emergency manager. I joined a search and rescue team two years ago. We conduct water rescue and dive operations as part of our mission. I recently started my PADI Open Water training and will complete a DRI Dive Rescue I course in Aug.

Jackson07

East River or West River? Where do you dive? I was born and lived in eastern South Dakota for the first 25 years of my life. I didn't dive then so I never really paid much attention to the availability of dive spots. I wouldn't think the lakes on the east side would offer much in the way of visibility.

Welcome to Scubaboard!

East river. Almost zero vis in most lakes. We have a few quarries that offer 25 ft or so. As a public safety dive team, we dive in almost zero vis (lakes and river).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom