New from Flint, MI, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cldwdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all. Just heard about this forum from a new diving friend I recently met. Thought I would click on in and check it out.

Born and raised swimming and then diving in the Traverse City area of Michigan. Started diving at 13 and never stopped.

Now I live in the Flint, MI area. Mostly diving area lakes and, of course, the Great Lakes.

Time to go check out some more of these boards.
Type at you later.

Welcome to the boards. Enjoy.:)

welcome to the board cldwdiver. You ever dive the price, Regina, or Sport?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

tholt576 asked: Do you do any ice diving?

Yes and No. I have never taken an ice diving class, since they have been rarely offered here. However, I have gone under the edge of ice from open water to experience it on quite a number of occasions. I dive year around if I can find open water. So, I am definitely a winter diver.

Rooster1 Asked:
You ever dive the Price, Regina, or Sport?

Nope, weird as that may sound, since they are probably the closest to where I live.
The dive shop here has never been much to schedule Lake Huron diving.
However, I intend to correct this problem this summer. I will be looking for a dive boat to schedule. I have heard to many good things about these wrecks.

cldwdiver once bubbled...
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

tholt576 asked: Do you do any ice diving?

Yes and No. I have never taken an ice diving class, since they have been rarely offered here. However, I have gone under the edge of ice from open water to experience it on quite a number of occasions. I dive year around if I can find open water. So, I am definitely a winter diver.

Rooster1 Asked:
You ever dive the Price, Regina, or Sport?

Nope, weird as that may sound, since they are probably the closest to where I live.
The dive shop here has never been much to schedule Lake Huron diving.
However, I intend to correct this problem this summer. I will be looking for a dive boat to schedule. I have heard to many good things about these wrecks.

The Mary Alice B is in the best condition standing upright intact. Went down in 75.

Welcome aboard cldwdiver! I'm just a bit south of you so if you ever want to hit the water, let me know. For you and Rooster, I have been on the Price, Regina, Sport and the Mary Alice B. A few times on each. I actually have some great pics of the Mary Alice B. Some of my buddies and I went out for a weekend and went nuts with the camera. We used a Sea and Sea MX10 with great results. I'll try and locate the cd so I can put up a few links.

Cldwdiver, there is a dive shop in Novi that hits Huron just about every weekend in the summer. They have there own boat and very reasonable prices. I can PM you with the info if you want.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
Welcome aboard cldwdiver! I'm just a bit south of you so if you ever want to hit the water, let me know. For you and Rooster, I have been on the Price, Regina, Sport and the Mary Alice B. A few times on each. I actually have some great pics of the Mary Alice B. Some of my buddies and I went out for a weekend and went nuts with the camera. We used a Sea and Sea MX10 with great results. I'll try and locate the cd so I can put up a few links.

Hey I would love some pics. I would also like it if you pmed me on the charter. Our local charter boat operator doesn't do the wrecks out of lexington or sanilac anymore because of all the red tape with customs since 9/11. It is much easier for us just to take the charter our of michigan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom