New forum post enhancement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I like the descriptive post titles in the URL's.

Makes it easier when providing a link to another thread.

I like the descriptive post titles in the URL's.

Makes it easier when providing a link to another thread.
Really, I looked at it most like passing POST data directly in the URL. Not at all a "plus" in my book. At lease the options to choose between the two would be nice.

John

Nice idea. :thumb:

But this is SB. You can't please all the people any of the time.

Really, I looked at it most like passing POST data directly in the URL. Not at all a "plus" in my book. At lease the options to choose between the two would be nice.

John
Unfortunately, that's not possible, it's a board wide setting.

I'm retracting my earlier post since what I'm finding is that a lot of url's don't make any sense now. For example I recently quoted one that the webpage author named index.htm. So it made no sense in the context of the original post.

What I did find as a workaround is that if you manually go back and re-edit the url description, it will stay as edited. Unless you copy and repost it, then it changes again.

I think that it makes the links more understandable, at least on all the one that I have posted .. I like it

For example I recently quoted one that the webpage author named index.htm. So it made no sense in the context of the original post.
He probably forgot to rename it.

But yes, that's a case where the URL rewrite doesn't really help much.. :(

That's what I thought also but they'd actually titled it index.htm. Might've been something lost in the translation though since it was an English version of a German site.

What I did find as a workaround is that if you manually go back and re-edit the url description, it will stay as edited. Unless you copy and repost it, then it changes again.
Good to know, thanks! Got time to work on my laptop? Need more power, Scotty...!

Next time I buy a computer, it will have a gooood processor. I've changed the HD and added Ram, but can't change that part. :silly: But I'm drifting. Thanks for the work around, as sometimes the auto-links are a bit much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom