New Forum Navigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Ok...

I've spent some time customizing the navigation bar. If there's stuff I left off, now is your chance to make suggestions.

Let's not all go crazy and make the nav bar huge with shortcuts for 1 person's benefit, but suggestions will be reviewed and possibly added to the Nav.

The only suggestion I have is the Forum List, on the left, is a drop down of the major categories. If as one hovered on each item of the drop down, a menu of the specific forums in that catergory could appear, then it would speed up my navigation a bit.

If this bothers others, then don't even consider it.

I can get where I want to go using the Forums (between Chat and Live Feed) - but I have to scroll a lot more doing it this way.

Not a big deal - just an idea.

Thanks! :thumb:

The only suggestion I have is the Forum List, on the left, is a drop down of the major categories. If as one hovered on each item of the drop down, a menu of the specific forums in that catergory could appear, then it would speed up my navigation a bit.

If this bothers others, then don't even consider it.

I can get where I want to go using the Forums (between Chat and Live Feed) - but I have to scroll a lot more doing it this way.

Not a big deal - just an idea.

Thanks! :thumb:

I like that idea

I wonder what it would look like if there was another navigation bar at the bottom of the page. It would save a step or two. Instead of using the "top" button and then choosing the dropdown you could use a navigation bar at the bottom to choose the dropdown and be on your way. It'd be handy on a tablet, especially on a slow connection.

DC

I miss the old system period. The new canned searches make browsing a PITA. I want my New England forum but I don't genrally care about every other local board. I want scuba stuff not chat and babble . I want to watch gear and some brands. I used to be able to cull the forums to show what I wanted in one "new post search". Maybe some members aren't up to that simple configuration exercise but these canned don't cut it for me.

I've searched for the old functionality and if I've missed it I'll humbly accept guidance.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately, that option is unavailable. It was an unofficial add-on for vBulletin, and since I updated the software in May of 2011, that function has been unavailable.

This has been discussed several times in the past, and there is a thread to create custom searches -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/how-use-scubaboard/382251-how-custom-forum-searches-exclusions.html

That's unfortunate but I understand. Thanks for the quick response and guidance.

pete

This custom search rocks. Initially I figured it would be a PITA to set-up. I shut up, sat down with a text editor and made a first pass custom search of a few dozen topics in 10 minutes. I'm loving it!

Thanks,
Pete

Back
Top Bottom