New Fisheye Tray (out end Oct 03)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've just received the photo of the new fisheye tray from Yuzo, due out at the end of the month:-

untitled.jpg

That's the same tray I've got. I think Yuzo sold Dee and me the first few pieces before they were officially released. It had me confused when you mentioned they were releasing a new one in the other post....

Ah, I thought the one you had was the same as the one on the site......:rolleyes:

That's exactly the same one I have. I love the adjustable handles and being able to open the housing door while still mounted on the try.

I'm just about to order the Fisheye tray with the Inon d180 strobe. Yuzo also has a "lockline extension tube" but no picture of it. Does anyone know if this is a useful addition - or is the arm long enough?

Cheers!

Alan Wiggs:
I'm just about to order the Fisheye tray with the Inon d180 strobe. Yuzo also has a "lockline extension tube" but no picture of it. Does anyone know if this is a useful addition - or is the arm long enough?

Cheers!

All about size....I "only" got 6 pieces when I ordered mine. After researching a bit I found that most people have 12-18 joints. I'll be getting a few more.

I am not sure if the 3/4" joints I used to make my own strobe arm are the same ones Yuzo has on his Fisheye Tray.
I ordered all my loc-line parts from modularhose.com
They are very inexpensive. I have nine joints on my strobe arm.
The parts are shown here.

OK..I am a bit confused. This strobe business is doing my head in...sorry for the "duh" questions to follow...

I need a tray. So let's say I order that fisheye tray. It has the base metal bit and the two sticky up arm bits, yes?

THEN I add "lockline" or Gilligan's or similar bits to make the actual arm for the strobe, yes?

IF yes to above, is there some way I can use my existing Ike or Ultra Light arms on the fisheye tray?

alcina:
OK..I am a bit confused. This strobe business is doing my head in...sorry for the "duh" questions to follow...

I need a tray. So let's say I order that fisheye tray. It has the base metal bit and the two sticky up arm bits, yes?

THEN I add "lockline" or Gilligan's or similar bits to make the actual arm for the strobe, yes?

IF yes to above, is there some way I can use my existing Ike or Ultra Light arms on the fisheye tray?

How do you attach the ones you have to your existing tray? If you look in the photo and look at the back tray - can you see the holes? If the one you has has holes like that, then I would say you can use what you have with the fish eye tray...but I'm just guessing here....

justleesa:
How do you attach the ones you have to your existing tray? If you look in the photo and look at the back tray - can you see the holes? If the one you has has holes like that, then I would say you can use what you have with the fish eye tray...but I'm just guessing here....

I don't have a workable tray right now. Originally I used the Ikelite tray that came with the housing for the SLR...I also have a Nikonos V flip tray somewhere...

I think I am very confused...definitely having one of those days...there seem to be two parts to the tray in the photo? one separate in front that goes underneath and then a second one that fits on top (as seen attached to the housing in the photo?)

The Ike piece I have has a plate with a hole in it. It slips over a screw and then has a knob to tighten...

Back
Top Bottom