New FBI Counter Terrorism Dive Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love diving when I can see, but most the time I'm in blackwater as well. Any visibility is treat.

Blackwater ... how fitting.:D Carrying a Halliburton case no doubt?

small_case.jpg

You don't swim well at all with those systems. Walking is the way to go.:chicken:

I can remember swimming my first SL-17. I was so excited I just had to get it wet and I didn't want to wait to mouse up an umbilical, pull a crew together, let us all figure out what to do ... so I grabbed a buddy we headed out to a local dive spot. Got some weird looks, but I had fun.

Most of our dives are in silty muddy rivers with high current so everything is done by feel. We don't take lights with us and generally close our eyes to enhance the other senses. I was looking at a vehicle up on the road we had just removed and a crime scene guy asked me what I could see down there. I sort of laughed told him to close his eyes and then said now put your hands over them, he got the idea.
I did have a 2:00 am dive last year in a smaller side section of the river and was looking for a ford expedition so was moving very quickly on the bottom with my eyes open. We knew how far out it was so I was on a arc search from the dock. I stopped because something seemed different and reached my hand out in front and hit the bumper about 6 inches away. The vehicle was white so there was a shade change it was a full moon and only 17 ft deep. It keep me from banging my head on the vehicle which happens:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom