New drysuit purchased!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalvyn

Reaction score
After much online reading, and my question in this forum I took the plunge and purchased an OS Systems Nautilus HC self donning drysuit.

Thanks to an excellent suggestion from Uncle Pug to check out 5th Dimensions suits, my decision came down to either the 5ThD suit, or the OS Systems. I tried a couple 5thD suits on Thursday, and did not fit into either the stock L or XL size. This of course meant going custom with the 5thD suit, or a different brand. I then went and tried on the OS Systems suit, and the stock XL fit perfectly on me. That pretty much sealed the deal right there.

The boots and dry gloves are being put on this weekend, and I have my pool orientation on Tuesday evening. I can't hardly wait to get out on the open water with it! :)

I'll post my drysuit experience when I do get to use it in the Sound. I have nothing to compare it to, other than diving in a wetsuit, but I'll post anyway!

Special thanks to UP: I would have never ended up at 5thD of my own accord, as it is quite a ways from where I live and work. I have to say that I really enjoyed the people there that I dealt with the couple times I was in there, and plan on doing business with them in the future. 5thD carries things my LDS doesn't, and the sales people were so friendly and helpful; I never felt pressured to buy anything, even after it was obvious to them I was dissapointed I didn't fit in a stock suit.

Jimmie

Congrats on your purchase!!
I'm looking forward to your report.

Ps. It sounds like your about to be assimilated,
Its started and you didn't even notice. :wink:

I really enjoy my dry suit.

Good luck with yours.

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom