New Drysuit Owner, and how to transport between dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EgyptinMagicin21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,

So this is, I believe my first post, and I feel that I should explain the exceptional luck I had in getting my drysuit, before I get to my drysuit question.

I am taking a Divemaster course at UC Santa Cruz, and I realized that investing in a drysuit would be a great idea considering how much time I'll be spending in the water, and the fact that I love to dive!

So, my local dive shop was having a closeout sale they have every year, and I decided to go in and see what they could for me. Mind you, before I went it, I had my heart sent on a Bare Trilam HD Tech. After talking to the owner, and doing some more research, and talking to other drysuit divers, I decided to go back in and get me a DUI TLS350.

The deal I got was amazing! I was able to snag a closeout, that, by the grace of God, fit me as if it was just made for me. It came with a P-Valve, pockets, knee-pads, and zip seals. I paid less than the price of a stock TLS350.

Needless to say, I was elated! And after doing my first two dives, with a combined bottom of over 2 hours, I knew that I would be hooked on diving dry!

So, finally my question.

I am an extreme stickler on taking care of my gear, keeping it in perfect condition.

I know that the zipper is the most fragile, and weakest point of the drysuit, and I wanted to know, what is the best way to carry/store the drysuit en-route to your dive? I know how to store it over night, and over months, but I want to know the best/safest way to pack it.

The method I am using now:

I use an Action packer, and pack my fins, BC, reg, mask...etc, and then I put the drysuit in feet first and fold it over, and the chest part is the area that is facing up from the action packer. The zipper is fairly straight, but as you may have guessed, I am asking of other ways because I don't feel its the best way, although the action packer is a hard case, so in terms of protection, I feel its great. It's just the way its being stored is what's got me nervous.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and thank you for your patience in reading through my post. I just can't get over how amazing this diving experience is, and I can't wait to log some more bottom time in my drysuit!

-Abdul

I would keep it in its own bag so I can take it out and put it on when I need it. The way you have it set up now you take the drysuit out, throw it to the side and assemble your gear. In the mean time your suit is left laying out where?

Its only in transit in the bag. Folding it just a few times or rolling it up loosly is fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom