New Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC:
One pair of Luxfer AL80's.

These are probably the best intro doubles you could get. They are light weigth, easy to use, work with a wetsuit.

If you hate doubles; they sell off well
If you love doubles; they turn into perfect stage bottles, you can reuse the manafold on your next set and your only out a set of bands that ether fit you next tanks or sell of in a heart beat.
One option is to get a hydro cycle out of them, take your manifold off, and leave them at a dive shop when the hydro runs out.

You can always swap an AL80 for _something_ if you decide you do not need it.

Hi all, just set up a pair of HP 100 Genesis tanks, the rig is about 100 lbs with nitrox. I agree with the comments abouts the bottles being -10 lb each at the start, but they get lighter. I don't agree with using a Drysuit as a backup lift device though. Most manufacturers say that it is ok to use it for emer lift but only if you need less that 15 lbs of lift. Suggest using a dual bladder. I'm sure I'll catch $h1t for that one! Start out slow and work your way up.. best way to stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom