New Divesoft Solo HE/O2 Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeremy Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
I just stumbled over this completely by accident...

Solo He/O2 Analyzer

It seems to be a new version of the highly regarded Divesoft trimix analyzer. Based on the price at DRIS and the limited information there, it appears to be quite a bit less expensive at ~$650 than the old analyzer that is typically discounted at ~$760.

Big changes appear to be...
  • Aluminum chassis changes to ABS Plastic
  • USB port changes from Type-B to Type-C
  • New 'padded zippered' case
That's all I see... Anybody else know anything?

The Divesoft rep showed me that at the DC dive show a few months ago.

I think one of the main differences is that the Solo does not have the connector (or brains) to do all the "extras" that the other one does. With the more expensive one, you can use it to control a fill station. Connect it to a temperature sensor that measures the temp of the tank you're filling. Connect it to a pressure sensor, so it knows the pressure in the tank you're filling. And connect it to some kind of relay that will automatically turn off the fill station when the tank is full. I think it has the smarts built in to know what the final pressure in the tank will be after it cools down, based on the measured pressure and temperature. In theory, it can fill it to whatever pressure so that when it cools down to ambient, it will be at the desired target pressure.

Plus you can connect test probes to it and use it as a voltmeter (why? I don't really know).

I *think* (but don't hold me to this) that the Solo will charge via the USB connector. The one I have will not. It requires a wall wart with a typical barrel connector for charging. And Divesoft sells the charger for the one I have for $40... (I got a charger that works, from Amazon, for less than $10)

I *think* (but don't hold me to this) that the Solo will charge via the USB connector. The one I have will not. It requires a wall wart with a typical barrel connector for charging. And Divesoft sells the charger for the one I have for $40... (I got a charger that works, from Amazon, for less than $10)

Yes, I read it that way as well. Looks like a reasonable evolution. I always have a ‘C’ charger with me anyway.

The cool thing about the original with the volt meter (beyond the fill station stuff) is that you can test your batteries, rebreather cells, cables, etc. with your analyzer. No need to carry a DMM to pull initial voltage or resistance.

Now, before you say, "But you can see your voltage readout on your Shearwater," yes, you absolutely can, but it's nice to establish a baseline on the sensors before you install them. This makes it easy to directly read the sensors without any other electronics in the line. It also allows you to use your analyzer along with a cell checker to test your cells in a pot.

Using the resistance meter block you can test cables in lights, DPV's, etc.

It's solely a convenience thing for me. However, this new one looks great for people who wouldn't normally have a need for a DMM in their kit.

I *think* (but don't hold me to this) that the Solo will charge via the USB connector. The one I have will not. It requires a wall wart with a typical barrel connector for charging.

I charge my one, which is two or thee years old, over USB. Always with fairly heavy duty chargers though. It is the last thing in my house that uses that type of USB connector though.

I charge my one, which is two or thee years old, over USB. Always with fairly heavy duty chargers though. It is the last thing in my house that uses that type of USB connector though.

Seriously?! I am going to have to try that. I can't believe the Divesoft rep didn't tell me that when I was bitching to him in person about how much they charge for a wall wart.

Seriously?! I am going to have to try that. I can't believe the Divesoft rep didn't tell me that when I was bitching to him in person about how much they charge for a wall wart.
FYI Typically a charger for an iPad.

Does the Divesoft flow limiter for an inflator hose work? I have read mixed reviews about that. Any other solutions for analyzing from inflator hoses on build up set (with a divesoft)?

There are several companies that make flow limiting BC connectors. You could probably adapt one pretty easily to the tubing end. Just match the flow rate to what divesoft wants. You could check out DiveNav’s cootwo BC adapter, theirs is flow limited. Just unscrew it out of the plastic housing and screw it into a tubing adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom