New Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MZPT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My name is Roxanne, my husband is Rich. We are new divers (OW PADI certified in May 2014). To date we have 10 dives, most in Grand Cayman, most recently Florida Keys. And are planning to be Advanced divers by next year back in Grand Cayman. I have been reading posts in this forum since May looking for advice on everything from equipment to dive images. I'm still working on figuring out everything my Oceanic Atom 3.1 does and our new go pro camera(we bought for our most recent dive). I love seeing the ocean life in their natural habitat and love trying to find interesting images to capture on the camera, although I haven't yet figured out how to get a picture from the video to be able to post. Last weekend I captured a juvenile spotted drum. Any advise on the go pro or diving is welcome.

We live in Texas and are looking forward to many amazing dive vacations.

Thank you,
Roxanne

Hi, Roxanne and Rich.....

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving!!!! The best advice I can give you is JUST DIVE!!! More experience will make you more comfortable in the water, and you will see your air consumption come down. I have 54 dives and am currently working on my Advanced Open Water. I did the Deep, Navigation, and Night dives this past weekend. The Deep and Navigation went fine, but diving at night REALLY messed with my head!!! (No real points of reference, other than the bottom... We were only about 25 feet down at the start of the dive, but it FELT a lot deeper!!!). Anyway.... welcome, and I hope to hear more about your diving adventures in the future!!

Adam

howdy and welcome to the underwater world...

Welcome--------my advice would be to taps the brakes @ 1st & get some experience 'down there'-plenty of time in the future to 'capture' your blessed times UW....

Welcome and enjoy your new activity. After 52 years of it, I still love getting "down under" and taking a video camera with me to share what I see with others (especially non divers) always makes it much more interesting.

Thank you for the welcome. We really enjoy the diving and it's fun to relive the dives through the go pro. Can't wait to try night diving, but want to be 100% comfortable before attempting it.

Back
Top Bottom