New divers who wear glasses may find this video helpful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any thoughts on using contact lenses while diving? My eyesight isn't too terrible (-1.75), but I wasn't sure if it was a big no-no.
I have been wearing 2 week Multi Focal contacts (like bifocal glasses) for about 23 years and have never had any problems or lost a a pair while diving. The perscription in the left one is more for close up, so I can read my dive computer and the right one is more for distance. I wear them for the whole week while on vacation and for the whole weekend diving local.

As age creeps up on me. I acquired a dive computer with larger font, and had prescription inserts installed in my clear mask. $400. +-. By "Prescription Dive Masks" in La Mesa- San Diego. So I use a lanyard on kelp dives. Still haven't put them on my polarized mask I use in the pool.
Good Divin, Dive Safe.
SoCalRich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom