New Divers in Playa del Carmen area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DET:
I don't have a good answer for your location. You are about 25 kilometers south of PDC and 15 Kilometers north of Akumal. Both locations have dive shops. I don't know about locations in between. The resort may have something on site, which may cost a little more. Maybe Puerto Aventuras has a shop. It's about 6 kilometers north of you. Good luck!

There is two very good Padi dive shops(The Akumal dive Center & The Akumal Dive Shop) in Akumal and some very good reefs that would be very appropriate for new divers.

I have 4 daughters who dive and I can recommend The Akumal Dive Center as a good solution for you.

Best of Luck,

Dave

TammyF:
Has anyone used both Tank-Ha and Dennis at Diablo Divers?
If so, how would they compare? We are setting up a last minute
trip to Playa, both before and after Cozumel, and found that
Tank-ha has lodging space. Would it be a problem for us to
stay at Tank-ha but use Dennis? Thanks for any advice.

I was in PDC in mid January and saw Tank-Ha's location, but didn't use them for either diving or lodging. Their lodging location is right on 5th Ave., in the busiest part (although the hotel is set back a bit). I thought that with the noise from the street that it wouldn't be optimal for getting a good sleep for an early wake-up for diving. Just my opinion though. No matter what, having used Dennis, I can only suggest that you hire him to take you, at the very least, on the cenotes dives. You won't be disappointed, as many on this board will attest to. Make arrangements with him a.s.a.p. because he does get busy.

Have fun in Coz and PDC!!

Safe diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom