New divers heading to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is fantastic advice and insight, NYC and Bel! Very much appreciated! Our apprehension is simply based on all the unknowns, but with information like that, our excitement for the trip continues to grow!

One question regarding AKR specifically, do most people hang out there all the time, or is heading out to the town more common? We're not big "nightlife" people, and much prefer to spend time in small groups rather than hit the clubs and bars.

Thanks again all for the information,

Will

I have been to AKR, we spent the time at the resort and on the last day before flying out went to town. The bar there is a nice place to have a cocktail or 2. There are night dives offered and also an evening on the Key with crab races, limbo contest, fire dancers(when we were there) and other activities.

The day before flying out we went to the Zip Line, that is a fun trip. We also went to West End one afternoon. It is an easy cab ride. They pick you up at the resort, take you to town, drop you off. You tell them when you want to be picked up and taken back to the resort and they come back and get you as requested.

It's a well run resort. 3 single tank dives per day, 1 or 2 night dives during the week and the Key night. It was plenty to keep this old guy busy and ready to get some sleep in the evenings. We didn't get bored in the evenings YMMV.

That sounds about perfect for us. It would be great to young and spry again, but those days are long gone for us, so relaying evenings at the resort will be our primary plans.

Will

The bar/restaurant there is nice. Beautiful sunset vistas from the deck off the restaurant. They had basic "live" music at the bar a few nights during the week and everybody there seemed to be having a good time. The pool on the "Key" was nice for relaxing after the afternoon dive and before dinner. After 3 dives a day (4 counting night dives twice a week), that was plenty of entertainment for us. YMMV. :)

Diving can also make you very tired (& hungry!). After 3 dives a day, I don't want to go out on the town either. I haven't been to AKR, but a nice, cold beer at the resort bar watching the sunset chatting with the other divers (& sometimes the DMs) is always a really great way to end the day.

Hello guys,
I'm searching that which school in UK is the best one for commercial diving career?
1) As I came to know that HSE approved divers are in demand globally.
2) What are the scopes for job in diving industry whether it's oil and gas or green energy projects?
3) When I'll complete my course.. From which point I'll start my career & how best you can guide me.. As you are the best in telling me the right path.

One question regarding AKR specifically, do most people hang out there all the time, or is heading out to the town more common?

I haven't been to AKR but I can tell you it's not that much of a "town" to head out to. You could look/ask on the Bay Islands forum, I'm sure you'll find a recent AKR trip review there.

Back
Top Bottom