new diver - southern california

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

speac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! My name is Shannon and I live in southern California. I just received by Open Water and Nitrox certs at the end of the summer. Since, I've been to La Jolla once with my Dad. My Dad is my primary diving buddy and mentor (username GJC on here). Currently, I'm embracing my newbie status. Long-term diving goal is to dive with whale sharks. Ciao!

Hi Shannon! Welcome to ScubaBoard! I live in San Diego and dive or have dived most of the local sites. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Solid choice on getting the Nitrox certification. I would go for Advance Open Water next as local conditions can vary quite a bit throughout the year and I find the best shore diving is done at night (especially La Jolla Shores). You can save a lot of money on local boat trips as well as those to Catalina by joining Power Scuba on Meetup. They also dive the shores and the cove each week, I found this group to really help continue my diving experience because I always had buddies.

howdy and welcome Shannon from southeast florida.....congratulations on your scuba certifications.

Shannon.....

Congratulations on your certifications!! I hope you get to dive with the Whale Sharks. That one is on my to do list as well!

Adam

HI Shannon: Congratulations on your accomplishment. You've come to the right place; Great people here. It can get addicting.

Back
Top Bottom