New diver - Shanghai expat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esvee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

just spent the week at alona beach on panglao in the Philippines to try and work some on getting a PADI OW certification. Didn't quite make it as we couldn't fit in the 3rd and 4th dives, but I did do two awesome dives at the Black Forest today. Slightly getting the hang of this, equalizing was hard at first as was remaining neutrally buoyant, but finally got a bit better when we had a triggerfish lunge at us! He really reminded me of angry birds somehow... My instructor bravely tried to put his fins in the firing line while I bravely....um tried to escape while he was being eaten.

Anyway, great fun and really want to get certified next time and would welcome any advice.

Greetings from Thailnd, Esvee! My advice is to go diving often! From Shanghai you can get to a lot of places with great diving quite easily and quickly, including here to Phuket, to Bali, to the Philippines (as you already know), to Malaysia.... if you need advice about any of these destinations, SB is the place to come and ask for general advice! I get a number of expat divers from Shanghai, and I send them to all the places I listed, so I can offer specific advice based on travel dates, etc. Just let us know what you are wondering about and you'll get all sorts of useful insights!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom