New Diver...Looking for equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,
I am quite new to diving and just had my first "discover" dive in the Virgin Islands last week. I immidiatly fell in love with the sport and are looking to getting certified soon. Im wondering what Regulator i should buy after getting certified. Most of my diving will take place in lakes and quarries as i live in central PA. Im looking to try to keep the price down, yet buy a worthwhile piece of equipment...no junk! WHats ur opinion on what my purchase should be?

Thanks

You're gonna hear this a lot, so I might as well start...focus on your certification right now, not gear. I fully understand your desire to acquire scuba stuff, and so do most of the other totally consumed and obsessed by this activity folks on this board, but take an open water class and learn everything you can.

That being said, there are about a bazillion and a half posts here on what makes a regulator stand out. Make sure whatever you get is easily serviced in your area, as well as wherever you happen to go diving.

Welcome to diving...it will change your life!

finish your class before thinking about gear...it'll at least give you some idea what you'll need in your gear...keep an eye on what the instructors and DM's are using during your class..these guys should be diving your local conditions a lot, so their gear will be up to it..they probably have to use whatever your LDS sells too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom