New Diver leaving NY in July 2016 for Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gntbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New member been diving for 4 years now. I'll be retiring from the State Police next summer, and planning on spending some time in Roatan with the wife. Planning on doing a Divemaster Internship mainly for a hobby!

Welcome to SB! It sounds like you have an awesome plan for post retirement!

Are you doing this on Roatan or Utila?

John, The plan is Roatan. I think Utila may be too small for my wife to stay busy while I'm diving.

You've pretty much got that right...^

If you're looking for a longer term rental - try Roatan Property Management | - I rent weekly from them but I believe they have longer term options also.

I am a new member also. I have been doing the discover scuba classes for the past 18 years on our cruises and just recently got certified. We were in Roatan last June and did the 2 tank dive with Anthony's Key Resort. It is great diving there. Sounds like you have a good retirement plan. We have talked about going there or Belize but its too far from the grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom