New diver in WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, the people that work at the shop are great! I will for sure let you know where we do my OW, the first one is either going to be at Keystone or Langley, but I don't know where the final four will be. Will keep you posted. :)

Kayla:)

Scuba SET took a lot of customers from federal way UWS because of the people that ran the shop.

Walt (one of the owners) is a great guy and knows just about everyone that has gone underwater in puget sound in the past 30yrs. I didn't dive much last year so I am not really familair with the new shop but it looks good and I know they will treat you right.

I haven't been in UWS since Scuba SET opened

I think it depends on what you're looking for in a LDS. Both have friendly, knowledgabe people working there. UWS seems like a smaller operation (even though they do have bigger shops in Seattle) so give you slightly more personalized service.

Scuba Set is bigger, cool facilities, lots of gear, tons of staff. I haven't been to their "dog and dive" night yet but I've heard that they're a lot of fun.

Wannabe - did you go to their Spring Celebration on the weekend? What a blast! I was expecting just a sale, but they had all kinds of stuff going on (and I still managed to spend a bunch of money!!)

:whoa:

I did swing thru really quickly on saturday. Bigger than I expected but not much. I need to get out in the water and see what gear I am less than satisfyied with to decide on what to replace. In all likelyhood next purchace will be another reg but untill I get out and dive a few times again I just am not sure what I would be looking for.

Like I said I haven't really been in ScubaSet too many times and most are a quick air stop. I guess as I get diving more I will see how the staff is at SS compared to UWS, I did recognize many faces from the old UWS staff so I think I should be happy.

Back
Top Bottom