New diver in SoCal! (santa clarita)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diablox1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all! I made an intro thread here and decided I'd say hi real quick here too so I'll just copy/paste: Newly licensed (open water) and very excited diver here. Just finished up my OW curriculum about 3 weeks ago. I plan on getting many more licenses, the first of which are Advanced OW, Dry Suit in August, and Night Diving, Rescue not long after that. So far I've dove at Anacapa (on the Spectre, great group of people on that boat) and Redondo Beach during my OW course. I'd love to get alot more shore diving experience, so if anyone needs a buddy or wouldn't mind a relatively new diver tagging along anywhere in Southern California, let me know!

A bit about me: I'm a 31 year old engineer and I'm an outdoors guy who loves to stay active, love to snowboard, ski, surf, hike, wrestle/box, run, I'm an 'A' licensed skydiver, I'm into videography/photography and I'd eventually like to practice that underwater as well. I'm originally from Sacramento and have lived in San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, Bakersfield, Salt Lake City, Long Beach among a few other smaller cities, and now back in the LA area (Santa Clarita). Another hobby of mine is autocross/tracking and working on cars.

I can't wait to get some more dives. Hope to meet many of you soon!

Welcome and congrats! Hope to run into you soon. I live in the west valley so not far away!

ya thanks! I'd love to get some more diving in soon. I'm hoping to find someone who wants to do some shore diving next weekend somewhere.

Welcome to diving SoCal. You will soon be sucked in completely and all your other hobbies will become a distant memory so take a ton on pictures. :wink:

I miss socal diving; actually the convenience of leaving my house and being in the water 20 minutes later and the variety of marine life and warm water! But, Alaska diving is pretty nice; just gear intensive. The Channel Islands are something special; I have hundreds of dives there and never tired of it. A word of warning, diving quickly becomes an obession which cuts into your other free time. With the exuberance you have for a wide range of activities, you have taken on another one. On the positive side, you will meet people who share you enthusiasm for the other activities. For example, some of my best boxing workout partners I have met diving; same with friends who ski and sai.

Diablox1,

Welcome! I'm in a similar situation; I finished my OW last month in June. My few friends who dive don't go very often, at least not as much as I'd like to. I'd be down to do some shore diving sometime. I'm in Woodland Hills. Feel free to hit me up.

Oh yea, not like so cal was quiet on that one!! hi diablox1 one of us comes from santa clarita and we got a pretty interesting operation of dives goin on. We're goin most weekends to some pretty extreme way out of the way (local) sites. Day and night. HardcoreDiveTeam.com if you write back to this post I'll fill you in on some of the benefits we got our hands on. you won't be disappointed at all.

Diablox1,

Welcome! I'm in a similar situation; I finished my OW last month in June. My few friends who dive don't go very often, at least not as much as I'd like to. I'd be down to do some shore diving sometime. I'm in Woodland Hills. Feel free to hit me up.

Thanks man, I'll PM you.

Oh yea, not like so cal was quiet on that one!! hi diablox1 one of us comes from santa clarita and we got a pretty interesting operation of dives goin on. We're goin most weekends to some pretty extreme way out of the way (local) sites. Day and night. HardcoreDiveTeam.com if you write back to this post I'll fill you in on some of the benefits we got our hands on. you won't be disappointed at all.

thanks! I'll shoot you an email.

Hi all! I made an intro thread here and decided I'd say hi real quick here too so I'll just copy/paste: Newly licensed (open water) and very excited diver here. Just finished up my OW curriculum about 3 weeks ago. I plan on getting many more licenses, the first of which are Advanced OW, Dry Suit in August, and Night Diving, Rescue not long after that. So far I've dove at Anacapa (on the Spectre, great group of people on that boat) and Redondo Beach during my OW course. I'd love to get alot more shore diving experience, so if anyone needs a buddy or wouldn't mind a relatively new diver tagging along anywhere in Southern California, let me know!

A bit about me: I'm a 31 year old engineer and I'm an outdoors guy who loves to stay active, love to snowboard, ski, surf, hike, wrestle/box, run, I'm an 'A' licensed skydiver, I'm into videography/photography and I'd eventually like to practice that underwater as well. I'm originally from Sacramento and have lived in San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, Bakersfield, Salt Lake City, Long Beach among a few other smaller cities, and now back in the LA area (Santa Clarita). Another hobby of mine is autocross/tracking and working on cars.

I'm 31, got certified a month or two ago, race my M3 when I can afford it, spent my summers growing up in Salt Lake (I ended up going to BYU). Are you my twin?

I'm mostly doing shore dives for now (so much coast to cover....so little time) so give me a call when you want to head out. Surf's down right now...maybe we could hit up Vets on Sat?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom