New diver in Alabama!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheCape

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone! I just completed my PADI Open Water Diver course and received my cert today, so excited to be joining the community and exploring the world more!

Planning on running through a number of the other PADI courses as well such as advanced, deep dive, enriched air, and the stress and rescue course, open to other recommendations as well!

I look forward to talking with folks and learning all I can! Have a great day all!

Welcome to SB and the wonderful pastime we all share.

Welcome to SB. Give me a shout if you need info. on Gulf shore diving in your area.

Hello everyone! I just completed my PADI Open Water Diver course and received my cert today, so excited to be joining the community and exploring the world more!

Planning on running through a number of the other PADI courses as well such as advanced, deep dive, enriched air, and the stress and rescue course, open to other recommendations as well!

I look forward to talking with folks and learning all I can! Have a great day all!

Welcome, I’m in central AL. Definitely take nitrox, dive as much as you can before taking a bunch of courses, although the ones you mentioned are good ones to take.

Welcome!

With Birmingham as your location, you may find that local diving could be more pleasant in a drysuit. If you go that direction, definitely take that course. Blue Water and Dive Land both get to around 50°f once you get past the last thermocline.
I'll be at Dive Land a few times this summer, so maybe I'll see you there. :)

I agree, nitrox should be your next course, right after OW if not WITH OW.

Oh and Blue Water in Pelham will be closer to you and a better overall facility. Diver Land is nice and I personally like John a lot, but they currently are not even filling tanks.

I agree, nitrox should be your next course, right after OW if not WITH OW.

Oh and Blue Water in Pelham will be closer to you and a better overall facility. Diver Land is nice and I personally like John a lot, but they currently are not even filling tanks.

Not sure about nitrox but they do have air fills

Not sure about nitrox but they do have air fills
I guess the local dive shop that uses the site for check dives and has to bring their own tanks, was wrong. Noted.

I guess the local dive shop that uses the site for check dives and has to bring their own tanks, was wrong. Noted.

Yea I’m not sure if they rent tanks, but they do have air fills. I bring my own anyway, but I did just ask to verify and they do fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom