New diver heading to Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

majsa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy,

I recently completed my Open Water certification. Unfortunately I haven't been able to dive since (damned work).

My wife is heading to Cabo San Lucas in July for a week to work and it appears as though I will be tagging along.
As I have the chance, I would really like to dive while I am there. As I will be alone, I was thinking that I could take the Advanced Open Water dives.

Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions for a dive shop to take care of a new diver?

Hello Divers,I took my Advanced course with Baja Dive and was very pleased with the whole experence.
Great Instructor,Good gear,and a nice roomy boat.When I Dive there now they always divide the groups according to there experence.This is great so I dont have to Dive with new Divers.This also works out for new Divers so they are not rushed or Diving in an area past there experence.
try this link.
www.baja-dive.net

Two things.
1) Being recently certified forget the advanced stuff. There will be more then enough time to get that later. Work on your basics and get more than comfortable with them. Your skill level as well as your enjoyment of the sport will improve faster if you progress at a slow and steady pace rather than being thrown into situations you might not be ready for a this stage of your development.
2) I recently had a wonderful week of diving with Lands End. They took care of all our needs, were professional and where genuinely concerned that we enjoyed our dives with them to the fullest.
No matter whom you pick enjoy your dives.

Elevatorguy, a good suggestion. I was thinking kill 2 birds with one stone but I may just see if I can tag along on a couple of dives

How was your diving? I am heading to Cabo tomorrow for a week!!

I go on July 15-20 so you're going to have to tell me how it goes. I've been talking (email) with Baja-Dive and will probably go with them.

I would just look at Baja-dive's website to see what their boat looks like. A lot of the diveops use a water taxi that has no safety equipment. I usually go with Amigos Del Mar, they have a nice wide catamaran with room to walk around and put your stuff. They also have well cared for rental equipment, knowledgeable DMs and safety equip on the boats. It depends on where you are staying, if your hotel is the Playa Grande, Sol Mar, Terra Sol or Finisterra then you would be closest to Amigos Del Mar's shop and boat. Have fun in Cabo.
BTW go to the 10pm show at the Giggling Marlin, it is a hoot.

Hey congrat.s on your new certafaction.
The last time I Dove was In cabo and I Dove with Baja Dive on there 40 foot Boat the Carlita:lotsalove:.This boat has a 9 foot beam and has a full hard top for lots of shade.The crew carried all my gear to and from the Boat and washed it and had it hung up and dry for the next days dive.
The Dive Master Memo was a Pro. and took very good care of my sister who was just certified.
I like getting this kind of service at no extra charge so I will use there service when I return in October to dive with Whale Sharks at Cabo Pulmo.
Have a great Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom