New diver from SF Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jelorian

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

Just joined the forums. Still very new to diving but eager to learn and dive more often. I got both my PADI Open Water cert just south of Manila in Anilao, Bantangas, Philippines last June 2015.

Last April, I went back to the same dive instructor and got my Advanced. After getting my Advanced cert and diving in and around Anilao, I went further south and dove at Apo Island near Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. I was also able to dive at Oslob, Cebu and see the whale sharks and then a fun wall dive at Sumilon Island close by.

I'll be going to St. Maarten the last week of June and hope to do a few dives there.

Scuba diving has been on my bucket list for years and I'm glad I'm finally able to check if off my list.

Now I just need to get more dives under my belt.

I must say I do love the warmer climates for diving, but I'm going have to give diving in my area a try. I hear the kelp beds and reefs in the Monterey Bay are pretty nice as well as diving in Catalina Island near Los Angeles.

Now I just need to decide if I want to go the dry suit route or get a thick 7mm wetsuit for the cooler water here.

Looking forward to gleaning a lot of info from the more experienced divers on this board.

Cheers!

Jel

Back
Top Bottom