New Diver and new here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hello all,

Just found this board while searching out info on gear. I dove for the first time during the summer of 2000 while on a busines trip in the Philippines...it was just Discover SCUBA, but I was hooked! Due to my travel schedule.....I didn't get a chance to certify for a while.

Now, I'm working my first contract on a cruise ship, and one of my goals was to get my Open Water Certification. Well, I completed that goal three weeks ago....now my goal is to dive at least one two tank dive a week! :D So far I've kept this goal quite happily!

Looking forward to chatting with y'all!

Welcome to our pond!

Hi :hi: CuriousYou :

Welcome :clapping: to the board. Are you working on a cruise ship? I know a guy over here who works on a cruise ship. Lot's of 'buisiness' trips to the carribean. Fortunately he dives... :lol: the lucky bastard....

Bye

Welcome from Canada!

You'll enjoy any time you can spend here.

Welcome to the friendliest most informative board around! If you've got any questions you've come to the right place!
Ber :bunny:

Hello :wave:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yes, SCUBAJorgen I do work on a cruise ship! We're actually planning for a group of us to dive at Habitat in Curacao.

One of the biggest challenges for us is to figure out which Dive shops to work with....our shore excursions program only has relationships with dive groups on two of the 6 islands we go to.....so we're on our own for the rest. And since we're limited to the hours we are in port....we really need someone who will work with us time wise.

We were just in St. Lucia on Tuesday and we wasted most of a day just trying to track down which shops were open when and what they offered. We try to e-mail as well, but response is sometimes spotty.

Glad to have found this board...it looks like a very friendly and informative place!.

Congrats on your certification. This is a great board with some great folks. I love your destination!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom