New Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Geo 2 (well, two of them thanks to @tridacna ) and, as long as all the screens look correct, you should be good to go. Now, @Centrals may have been a bit jarring in his statement, but he does have a valid point regarding re-installing the battery. I’ve never had a problem but have read some accounts of the cover not being put on correctly which causes flooding. Make sure the “ear” at the bottom is flush with the body and you’re all set. It’s a good little computer that I like a lot. Enjoy!

Erik
Thanks a lot, much appreciated !!, yes @Centrals had a valid point too, I do appreciate all comments :).

Since you have a geo 2 if you dont mind me asking please ; according to the manual, by using oceanlog programme i believe and the cable (which is optional to buy) one can update the frimware of the DC. Can one continue to dive without updating the DC frimware ? I don't plan on buying the cable to be honest ... (oh and this is my last question dw )

Thanks a lot, much appreciated !!, yes @Centrals had a valid point too, I do appreciate all comments :).

Since you have a geo 2 if you dont mind me asking please ; according to the manual, by using oceanlog programme i believe and the cable (which is optional to buy) one can update the frimware of the DC. Can one continue to dive without updating the DC frimware ? I don't plan on buying the cable to be honest ... (oh and this is my last question dw )
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The last firmware update for the Geo2 was 7 years ago Software - Oceanic Worldwide

The Geo 2 is a fine computer. My son still uses my old Geo 2 as a backup

@scubadada beat me to it. The only reason to buy the cable would be to use a computer based log book. Otherwise, no need.

However I was not initially aware of this and switched it on by removing and inserting the battery again. Is it still safe to dive with since it was not switched on as reccomended by the factory/manual?

Only way to know for sure is give it a test.

Tie a string to it and toss it into a pool (or any water deeper than 4 feet.) Leave it for five minutes. Pull it out of the water and see if it recorded a five minute dive. If it did, you should be okay. If it didn't, you'll need to figure out why not.

Only way to know for sure is give it a test.

Tie a string to it and toss it into a pool (or any water deeper than 4 feet.) Leave it for five minutes. Pull it out of the water and see if it recorded a five minute dive. If it did, you should be okay. If it didn't, you'll need to figure out why not.
Noted, thanks

Back
Top Bottom