New dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donnie1442000

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve just purchased a 6.5M Ballistic RIB from MAD Dog Inflatables and I’m looking to turn it into a diving machine. I’m having a real hard time trying to find out how people out fit these boats with seats and tank storage. Looking at boats and links from the UK it looks like they just pile it all in the middle. I’m putting a folding X-mass tree ladder off the radar arch and would like to have some alum. Benches made for seating and tank storage. Has any one out there attempted this and/or have pics of such a creation?
Happy diving to everyone out there.

Donnie1442000:
I’ve just purchased a 6.5M Ballistic RIB from MAD Dog Inflatables and I’m looking to turn it into a diving machine. I’m having a real hard time trying to find out how people out fit these boats with seats and tank storage. Looking at boats and links from the UK it looks like they just pile it all in the middle. I’m putting a folding X-mass tree ladder off the radar arch and would like to have some alum. Benches made for seating and tank storage. Has any one out there attempted this and/or have pics of such a creation?
Happy diving to everyone out there.
Congrats Donnie, I am also considering buying a RIB for a dive boat, something along these lines with nothing but voyager console and leaning rail and an 'a' frame, with twin 50 outboards. and built in 40 gallon tank. How 'bout some pics of yours, just to help keep my fever going.:wink:

Plan to using mostly in lakes & rivers plus some fairly near shore salt water. Any recommendations would be considered thoughtfully and appreciated. I am here to learn from your mistakes :)

Ok, just got the quote back on the RIB I linked to, configured as 'my' dive boat. At $45K, looks like I got some time to come up with a good name for it while saving my nickels and dimes.

So, any thoughts on a good name for a RIB boat?

Other than " Adams' "? (might work if my name were adam)

As something else to throw into mix, would like name to include a NADS reference if possible. For TeamNADS, my adventure sports group of ne'r do wells, consisting of camping, climbing, diving, mountain biking, and other adventurous idiots.

wet nads, pressured NADS, coffee still not kicked in yet this morning, I'll think about it and check back in later.

Hey tribaltim and NadMat
Thanks for the replies as for Horse power I’m having it rigged with twin 90 Nissan TLDI’s. I went with the twin option being I also plan on using it for Halibut fishing and want to be able to have plenty of power to make it back home if one motor goes out on me.
As for what I have learned so far I don’t have my rib yet but from a smaller zodiac I've learned that horse power and more horse power is the key. Fit with the maximum safe power for the boat. Divers and dive gear add up fast and you always have the option of not using all of it but if you don’t have it you can’t use it. I’m also mounting a dive ladder off of the A-frame I’ve used the hang over the side ones and its rough getting in to the boat geared up and in rough seas. One other thing is a good VHF radio it’s like a spare tire if you have one you will never need it.
I don’t have any pictures of it yet but you can check out www.Maddoginflatables.com and I’m getting the 6.5 meter ballistic rib. I’m getting the commercial unit so it’s not shown and as with you NadMat I’m only getting the console 2 jockey seats, A-frame and an internal 60 GAL fuel tank

So far, even with coffee, best I have come up with is this so far
2_nadsunderpressure.jpg

NADS under Pressure

Hey Mat Check out mad dog inflatables in MA. That is where I bought mine and they have one more 6.5M 2004 model ballistic in stock. I don’t know what all that 45K includes but maybe they could help you out. They gave me a screaming deal on mine.
info@maddoginflatables.com
Their main man is laid up right now so they may not be able to get back to you right a way.

It sounds like you have a pretty sweat rib coming up.

LOL I think I like “IT”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom