New Daylight Savings Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GA Under Water

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
WOOHOO 4 more weeks of good daylight.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]2007[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]March 11[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]November 4[/SIZE][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1] NEW: On Monday August 8, 2005 President Bush signed into law a broad energy bill that will [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]extend Daylight Saving Time[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1] by four weeks beginning in 2007. The provisions of the bill call for Daylight Saving Time to begin three weeks earlier on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November. Currently Daylight Saving Time starts on the first Sunday in April and ends on the last Sunday in October. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]Read[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1] our special section on how the extension of Daylight Saving Time may affect you.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Many of my clocks are still an hour ahead. I was in New Zealand when Standard Time went into effect here in the US, and I've just been too lazy to change them.

Now that we'll be going to DST a month earlier than before, there's no point in changing them now :D

Looking forward to my third dive off the boat being in daylight instead of twilight! The island shades the leeward side far too early in winter!

Back
Top Bottom